Friday, July 4, 2014

Fourth of July flag cake!

This was really more of a kid recipe. Like so many recipes, "I saw it on Pinterest and Facebook". 

One recipe called for yellow cake mix as the foundation. But I saw another recipe that used pre-made pound cake. Works for me.

I used: 
1 pre-made pound cake 
1 pound strawberries cut in half or quarters (I didn't use all of them)
about 1/2 pound blueberries (again, I didn't use all of them)
1 container of Cool Whip

So I sliced the pound cake and laid it in the pan. Then layered it with whip cream. The kids actually did a lot of that using the back of a spoon. I came back later and filled in the holes and smoothed out the hills.
Then I made an outline of blueberries for the square and let them fill it in the rest of the way. 


With the strawberries I simply gave them a starting point for each row. 


Easy squeezy, lemon peazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment